Friday, April 18, 2008

Susumu Yokota - Grinning Cat

I've decided to start a music blog. Mostly, this will be music from my personal collection both old and new that perhaps others of you may be interested in. To start, I decided to have one of my favorite albums of all time by Susumu Yokota. He has many great albums and I may post more in the future unless there's an overwhelming response for more.

I don't really like cats, matter of fact, I'm mildly allergic, but this album is really great. This album is all instrumental w/ a couple of voice samples I suppose. It's just a really pretty record through and through. Do it.

Susumu Yokota


I couldn't find a YouTube clip from this album but this one is another favorite and gives you a good idea of what he's like, although Grinning Cat is quite different:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this album dearly. Thank you.

-visitor # 2009

Nino said...

you're welcome. you should also check out:

Sakura
Image 1983-1998
Susumu Yokota & Rothko
Laputa

Anonymous said...

thank you so fuckin much!